Sunday, May 29, 2011

To The Paleofuture... And Beyond

As our comes to a close, I wanted to share with everyone my favorite article for the website Paleofuture. It discusses a Radio-Newspaper Receiver, that would transmit (and print out) the news for you to read at home. I love the idea of this device, because it suggests that people were thinking about the possibility of mass-communication, and how audio, text and image could someday merge in a way that would be available at home. Not only is it the Inter-Web-A-Tron of the day, but it seems to have inspired these ideas as well. Plus: I love the picture.

And, of course, this is where I have to sign off. It has been great to work with this class, and I really enjoy the subject matter. I think visions of the future is a good way to wrap things up. The '30's seems to be the source for so much of our lives now, and it is interesting to imagine where things will end up when people reflect on what life was like now. Hopefully some part of this class sticks with you in a meaningful way, and if you want to contact for in the future for any reason, I'll be there.

Be Seeing You.

No comments:

Post a Comment